- Pages per minute (ppm) is the average print speed for black and white pages only. Actual speed may be different based on the amount of graphics on each page.
- We all like dark prints, but if your print settings are too dark, it could be detrimental to the life of the cartridge in the long run. It’s important that the density control of the machine be properly set to prevent the machine from pulling too much toner into itself.
- A properly ventilated area where temperature and humidity do not change frequently is the best place for your laser printer. Try to avoid areas with heavy dust buildup.
- Most printers have a paper-out detector. On most dot matrix printers it is a photo diode. If form-fed paper is not aligned correctly (usually on the left side) the diode won't see it.
Doing the job day after day. The OKI MICROLINE 421 9-pin wide-carriage printer is a quantum leap forward in Impact printer performance. Engineered for dedicated forms printing in the most demanding point-of-sale, automation and utility environments, ML421 printer is right at home in applications such as retail sales counters, medical facilities, automotive rental and repair shops, airline counters, financial departments and manufacturing sites. Their print speed and versatile paper handling make them ideal for the office, too.
Performance is built in. The ML421 sport features that give them a strong edge over their predecessors as well as the competition: 3-piece top cover provides easy access and unsurpassed break resistance, an internal cooling fan provides continuous airflow for the printhead maximizing throughput productivity for long, unattended print jobs, additional feed rollers provide precise forms handling and printed-character placement accuracy.
Exceptional paper-handling versatility. The ML421 has a zero-tear feature that accurately positions continuous forms for a clean tear at the perforation, which eliminates wasted stock. You also get perfect results with single sheets, index stock, labels and envelopes, too. All with-out jams or smears.
Value that goes the distance. The OKI ML421 deliver the kind of productivity usually reserved for printers many times the price starting with a super-fast print speed of 570 characters-per-second (in SuperSpeed Draft mode). Then there's the rugged printhead with its 200-million character life, powerful samarium cobalt magnets and stored-energy pins delivering precise, sharp characters all the way through to the last page of a 6-part form. And the patented OKI closed-loop feedback system that assures character placement accuracy... The OKI ML421: Just turn 'em on and turn 'em loose.
Built to last, inside and out. Field-proven reliability is just one reason OKI MICROLINE impact printers are the most widely-used. The performance-optimized power supply of the ML421 has been enlarged to easily handle harsh printing conditions and its energy management capabilities match power expenditures to print-job size, maximizing the life of the 9-pin printhead and other components. A long-lasting rack-and-pinion drive system ensures print quality longer than belt or cable systems. And the ergonomically-designed, impact-resistant chassis protects the ML421 from damage, even in the toughest working environments.
Performance that's user-friendly. Controls are conveniently placed on the front panel for fast access. The automatic loading of continuous and cut stock makes every print job easier, and the design of the internal sheet separator enables easy loading of tractor-fed paper into the rear push tractor. OKI has a reputation for quality and reliability no competing printer can claim and has a network of authorized OKI Dealer Service Centers and Service Depots. The reliable, affordable ML421 can work wonders in virtually any forms-handling application.
- Print speeds up to 570 cps
- Integrated USB and IEEE Parallel connectivity standard
- Optional OkiLAN 6120i 10/100 Base-T Ethernet internal print server
- Crisp, clear printing on 6-part forms
- Expandable head gap accommodates multi-part forms and cut-sheet stock including labels and stiff index stock
- 128 KB receive buffer / memory
- 4 million-character ribbon life 200-million character printhead life
- Small footprint ideal for retail countertops.