Toner is an extremely fine powder and in substantial concentration can cause irritation to the respiratory tract which can result in coughing and wheezing. Place a paper mask or scarf over your nose and mouth while dealing with the spill.
- It is better to vacuum it up and thereby remove all dust particles from the vicinity, as opposed to brushing it which could cause a dust cloud and further spreading of the particles.
- Any remaining toner powder should be wiped away with a cloth, made damp with a little bit of cold water.
- Hot water should preferably not be used because it may cause the toner to melt a little and become sticky.
- You can throw the toner away in a regular bin, but it is advisable to place it in a sealed bag which can contain the powder to avoid further mess
- Use an abrasive sponge together with cold water to remove toner that has bonded to the skin.